special special day

February 7th, 2016 was Logan's Blessing Day, and boy was it special.

Dallin has a gift.  He gives some of the most wonderful blessings I have ever heard.  He takes them very seriously and takes his time so that the Spirit can guide his words.  I knew that this blessing would be special.  Dallin even mentioned to me how he wanted to think about the strengths and gifts that he already could see in Logan and how we wanted the blessing to be specific to him.  Isn't he amazing??  I love that man.  I am so grateful that he is worthy of the Priesthood and that he was able to bless our sweet baby.

The blessing itself was beautiful.  It was simple and specific to Logan.  Just how Dallin and I imagined.  He blessed Logan to know that God loves him, that he would discover his purpose for coming to earth at this time.  Dallin blessed him that his heart would be open to the Spirit and that he would continue to explore the curiosity he's already been blessed with, and that he would be a light and strength to those around him.  I'm not going to lie, I got real teary.  I was not expecting to be so emotional, but I was.  Really though, how could I not be?  I have the greatest little family!

I also have the greatest extended and immediate families!  We displaced a good portion of the ward on Sunday because of all the family that came to support us!  It is wonderful that we have such incredible people in our lives!

After the meeting we invited everyone over to our home for a brunch.  Even though it was a bit rough to seat 50+ people in our home, it turned out perfect.  I had lots and lots of helpers with food and drinks which made the whole thing possible!  We had breakfast casseroles and fruit and muffins and it just turned out splendid.  It was so great that we will probably just have to keep hosting fun things here! ;)

It really was a special day for our family and I couldn't have imagined it going any better.







Wilding sisters

The brobot and I

Meeting Great Grandma Yancey for the first time











Grandma and Grandpa Stoddard

Grandma and Grandpa Wood

Cute cute boy!


I couldn't decide which one I liked more, so you get to see both :)


Comments

  1. Happy day! So glad it turned out so perfectly. Cute little family! Can't wait to hold him again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts