Ice Skating

So this fall, I totally missed the deadline/forgot about signing Logan up for soccer.  Whoops!  So when we were talking with him about possibly trying something new, I brought up ice skating lessons.  He hasn't tried those since he was 2 years old, and I thought maybe it would be fun.  He agreed and we signed him up!  When the day came he was so excited!  I reminded him gently that it might be difficult, but that he could do hard things.  Well...I don't think I prepared him quite well enough for how hard it was.  We were a little late getting there and getting skates on so his class was already out on the ice. (This was unfortunate thing number 1.)  Then there wasn't anyone to really help him get on the ice, so he fell a couple times right out of the gate.  And then his class was so huge that none of his teachers were able to help him.  It was bad.  He was so frustrated.  I had all the kids by myself so I was trying to comfort and encourage him while also trying to help everyone else.  Honestly I was frustrated, which led to more kids upset and then Logan accidentally stepped on Clara with his skate so she was screaming, then Rory started crying.  Pretty much everyone was crying and I sort of dragged them all out.  Thank heavens for Logan's sweet teacher who came up to me and told me, "The first day is always the hardest, so don't give up."  If she hadn't of told me that, I don't know if we would have gone back!  It was so bad.  But!  We did go back, and Logan's teacher was right.  The next class was infinitely better!!  And now we are going into our second month of skating lessons and Logan LOVES it!  He is doing awesome!  He has decided that he wants to play hockey, so he knows that he has to get good at skating if he wants to do that.  We've made a deal with him that if he can get into the basic skate classes and still wants to keep going, we will buy him his own skates.  He's determined and very excited about that!  I'm so proud of him not giving up and putting in all the hard work!  Skating is really hard, and despite all the falls and difficulties, he stays out there on the ice and is getting better with every lesson.  Woot woot!  Go Logan!


First lesson (not many pictures because of the chaos):



More lessons:  (I don't remember which ones are which!)







Once I get some videos downloaded onto the computer I will post some!

Comments

Popular Posts