Canning

 Dallin and I have been feeling the pull to become a little more self sufficient for a couple of years, and this fall we decided a next step would be learning to can some food!  We were super stoked and a bit nervous haha.  Thankfully, I have wonderful people in my life who are skilled and experienced canners. (I'm looking at my girl Shalese! And Melynn hooked us up with some apples and applesauce knowledge!)  We were given supplies to borrow, advice on books to purchase and helpful hints along the way!  This year we did, tomatoes, peaches, applesauce, and some raspberry freezer jam!  Aren't we cool??  Haha.  But really, it was such a blast and we can't wait to try our hand at a few different things next year!  


Tomatoes!



We had a pretty good little set-up going here.


Freezer jam! 


Applesauce with Melynn and kids!





Dallin did peaches by himself, because I was canned out haha.


We are basically Little House on the Prairie status now ;)

Comments

Popular Posts