Dating: A Time to Become Best Friends

On July 1, 2012 Dallin asked me to be his girlfriend.  So we officially became boyfriend and girlfriend AND he kissed me that day for the first time.  It was a good day. :) :)

Overall, we had a lot of fun dating.  We did all kinds of fun things: hiking, the State Fair, movies, concerts, Festival of Trees, Temple Square, and much more! Of course there were several ups and downs, but we learned so much about each other and from each other.  While in the moment we may have wished for some things to be different, but in hindsight, we are so grateful for what we went through.  We both would agree that we would not be as happy as we are now or as close to each other if we hadn't gone through those trials and experiences.









It didn't take long for us to decide we wanted to get married.  Dallin proposed on September 28, 2012.  Sorry ladies...he takes the crown on this proposal.  Haha.  He woke me up super early, took me to Park City, got us some McD's breakfast and surprised me with a hot air balloon ride!  When we reached the highest point of our journey (1500ft.), he had everyone "sing happy birthday to me," but really he was just throwing me off his scent.  He had been shaking the whole time, so I knew something was up.  Once everyone had stopped singing, he knelt down, pulled the ring out, and asked me to marry him.  I was so excited that I remember grabbing the ring myself and he had to take it from me so he could put it on my finger! Haha :)  I said yes and everyone was clapping and congratulating us.  It was a great day.  We got some fresh peaches afterward and then took a well-needed nap.





We continued to date and plan the wedding.  After a bit of strife we finally picked a day.  We were to be married August 15, 2013 in the Salt Lake Temple.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts